Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Reika »

Fatmice wrote:Hello Reika, the purple dragon Reika?
Fatmice wrote: 1/ Is there water in the reactor building? If there is, there shouldn't be more than 800 units in it when connected with the circulation pump and steam generator.
2/ Is there water in the cold leg of the steam generator?
3/ Is there water in the cooling tower of the turbine/generator?
I connected water to the cooling tower and cold leg, but it only appears to visually connect to the latter (ie no water inside it despite pipe visual connectivity). The former does indeed have water (signified by the little icon when in alt mode). I have no idea how to remedy this. I do not have Factorio open at the moment (and cannot really since the other game I have open is too GPU-intensive for me to run both in parallel), so I cannot test things at the moment.
Fatmice wrote: 4/ Failing all of that, you could send me the zip of your game and I can take a look.
Done. I can send you my modpack if you like, but the reactor setup itself is entirely vanilla (aside from UP obviously...).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8og7a ... Modded.zip

Also, the screenshot in full is here:
http://i.imgur.com/bqkyIBk.jpg

EDIT:
Well, I was able to spin up the recirculation pump by force-feeding cold unpressurized water into the reactor itself, but that has not started the turbines or the power generation.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello Reika,

I've taken a look at your setup.

1/ I removed the steam generator and the left over cold and hot leg.
2/ I placed 3+ 4.7% fuel rods into the reactor chest. Five should be sufficient since they don't decay at the moment.
3/ I fed the recirc pump pressurized-water until there was ~1.2k units of water in the reactor. You should see the temperature rise to 350. (Image 1&2)
4/ I replaced the steam generator. Connected water to the top part of the cold leg. It should generate steam now. (Image 3)
5/ I connected the lower part of the cold leg with the condenser tank so water can return to be reused. I also rotated the condenser tank once so it could connect to the pipe. I now disconnect, otherwise too much water will clog the close loop, the water source from the top of the cold leg. (Image 4)
6/ Hopefully, you shouldn't need the backup steam engines now. :) I didn't have all the mods so I can't tell for sure how much power your base was consuming.
1 and 2
3 and 4
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

It does appear to be working now - the reactor is outputting 10MW and all animations and icons are present - but it is still giving me the "No fuel" sign, and the temperature is fluctuating around 275C.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, it means you need to put in more fuel assemblies. The flashing fuel sign is simply vanilla code at work saying not enough energy units in the energy buffer.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Fatmice wrote:Yes, it means you need to put in more fuel assemblies. The flashing fuel sign is simply vanilla code at work saying not enough energy units in the energy buffer.
It has five...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

How much pressurized-water is in the reactor? No more than ~850 units is best while the recirc pump is running.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Fatmice wrote:How much pressurized-water is in the reactor? No more than ~850 units is best while the recirc pump is running.
837, fully stable.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

That's fairly strange. If you don't mind, send me the savegame with all mods in an archive and I'll take a look again. :)

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Fatmice wrote:That's fairly strange. If you don't mind, send me the savegame with all mods in an archive and I'll take a look again. :)
The savegame has changed a bit since then, but nothing related to the reactor.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/laeay ... 282%29.zip

I have PMed you the modpack, since the pack contains a few mods of mine that were not intended for release, as well as the fact I have modified several mods and do not wish to publicly redistribute modified versions of others' mods.

devaking
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by devaking »

Hi, sweet mod.

I was wondering since you talked about yuoki in your previous post.
is it possible to combine your mod with his? im currently starting a new playtrought ( couple hours in only) and would gladly included yours in. but i wanted to know if they will combine or if i should try them in separate plays?

Tks in advance

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

devaking wrote:Hi, sweet mod.

I was wondering since you talked about yuoki in your previous post.
is it possible to combine your mod with his? im currently starting a new playtrought ( couple hours in only) and would gladly included yours in. but i wanted to know if they will combine or if i should try them in separate plays?

Tks in advance
Hi, Yuoki's mods are fully compatible.

devaking
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by devaking »

Nice, downloading now :)

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

I am having another issue...the 30MW complex says it is capable of outputting 30MW of power (unsurprisingly). But I have four of them, and together they are only outputting 31MW, despite A) them all saying they are maxed out and B) the power grid being at 40% demand satisfaction.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

So I take it you were expecting 120 MW and your grid is now only 40% satisfied and the 60% or so went up in smoke? It's very strange as I've never had any problems with multiple reactor and 30MW generator. Although highly unlikely, to solve the proble(s), you could try and delete the crop-cache.dat. What you are experiencing leads me to think that something is wrong with your grid since all four 30MW are running flat out.

Sigh, you give me hard problems Reika. Send me your save :P ... I take it you didn't add more mods as I will use the mod set that you gave previous to test.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Fatmice wrote:So I take it you were expecting 120 MW and your grid is now only 40% satisfied and the 60% or so went up in smoke? It's very strange as I've never had any problems with multiple reactor and 30MW generator. Although highly unlikely, to solve the proble(s), you could try and delete the crop-cache.dat. What you are experiencing leads me to think that something is wrong with your grid since all four 30MW are running flat out.

Sigh, you give me hard problems Reika. Send me your save :P ... I take it you didn't add more mods as I will use the mod set that you gave previous to test.
I in fact did add (and in some cases make) more mods, but I will send you that too. Image As before, I left out WaiTex as it is some 400MB.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/05zk9 ... natevo.zip

Also, deleting cropcache changed nothing.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello Reika,

I took a look. The problem was mainly one of tank orientation. You had rotated the condenser tanks in such a way that they did not connect to the pipes leading to the cold-leg of the steam generators. I fixed all of them and redid some piping for the cooling tower reservoirs. All four of the 30 MW complexes are functional. I disconnected the underground pipes to the steam engines to test grid load and the reactors were doing just fine.

Here is your savegame.
Light_Modded-Fatmice.zip
(20.08 MiB) Downloaded 247 times

XxRubyxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

uranium power 0.11.22 bug (0.11 version)

Post by XxRubyxX »

Bug while kicking the machines online or i could have something hooked up wrong

https://gyazo.com/da4015050bcd088eaf0345307bc848b1

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

This is a legacy version. What are the exact steps to reproduce this?

XxRubyxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxRubyxX »

hmm well it seems when i fill the back tank of the turbine thing that produces the power it fills up and then give that error

XxRubyxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxRubyxX »

would my game save and mod list help you figure out my issue?

Return to “Atomic Power”