[0.11.x] Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

TehRaven
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Uranium Power

Post by TehRaven »

Thanks Fatmice. Seeing how I already have the infrastructure down I suppose I will continue you on with making more reactors. However, this doesn't seem worthwhile now that I am more familiar with how it works.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

TehRaven wrote:Thanks Fatmice. Seeing how I already have the infrastructure down I suppose I will continue you on with making more reactors. However, this doesn't seem worthwhile now that I am more familiar with how it works.
If you want more umph, you will need to modify some files as specified here.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DraLUSAD »

Excuse me mod dev, i'd like to suggest something

1. Could you please print out a Version number for this mod on your front page, as there isn't one, I'm not sure if you've released a new mod update or not, which means I'm having to keep downloading till something new happens
2. can you please add some images, such as, how the power system works, set ups and how to piece together a stable reactor layout

Thank you kind sir

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

DraLUSAD wrote:1. Could you please print out a Version number for this mod on your front page, as there isn't one, I'm not sure if you've released a new mod update or not, which means I'm having to keep downloading till something new happens
Not the dev but if you check the download link you'll see it goes to: .....UraniumPower_0.4.2.zip?raw=true
Those numbers, "0.4.2", are the version.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

DraLUSAD wrote:1. Could you please print out a Version number for this mod on your front page, as there isn't one, I'm not sure if you've released a new mod update or not, which means I'm having to keep downloading till something new happens
Is that any better?
2. can you please add some images, such as, how the power system works, set ups and how to piece together a stable reactor layout
I'm sure I will get around to that eventually.

New update is out. It fixes the power generation issues. Small reactors will max out at ~18MW, and big reactos at ~51MW.

You can download it here

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

You forgot to update the version in info.json
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

Please excuse me, as I'm not fully competent in modding this game yet, but, when I updated from 0.3.0 to 0.4.3, the game will crash when I try to load my save with 0.3.0. Just a "Factorio has stopped working".

I simply placed 0.4.3 into my mods folder and removed 0.3.0. Is that the wrong way??

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

leeknivek wrote:Please excuse me, as I'm not fully competent in modding this game yet, but, when I updated from 0.3.0 to 0.4.3, the game will crash when I try to load my save with 0.3.0. Just a "Factorio has stopped working".

I simply placed 0.4.3 into my mods folder and removed 0.3.0. Is that the wrong way??
0.3.0 isn't compatible with 0.4.x. If you want to play with 0.4.x then you will need to start a new game. Sorry.

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

Is there any way to fix it?? I have the save file opened up in the map editor.

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

leeknivek wrote:Is there any way to fix it?? I have the save file opened up in the map editor.
You would need to get rid of any reactors and all fuel assemblies, uranium pellets, and uranium hexafluoride to get it working.

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

I guess its beyond being saved. I can open it in the editor no problem, but as soon as I try to delete anything with the old hexafluoride, a mouse-over causes the crash.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

leeknivek wrote:I guess its beyond being saved. I can open it in the editor no problem, but as soon as I try to delete anything with the old hexafluoride, a mouse-over causes the crash.
Couldn't you start the game on 0.3.0 and remove the objects in-game? Then upgrade to 0.4.0?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

As a content suggestion, if you want to go with super-critical fluids, you could use CO2 in a supercritical state and run it through Brayton-cycle gas turbines in a closed loop system. Which means you'd need to add an air compressor to get that CO2. Here's a relevant link from "The Energy From Thorium Foundation": The Closed Loop Brayton Cycle at Sandia National Laboratory
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

MasterBuilder wrote:Couldn't you start the game on 0.3.0 and remove the objects in-game? Then upgrade to 0.4.0?
I tried that, when the game loads it says "expected UraniumPower_0.4.3, received UraniumPower_0.3.0" and then closes. It won't let me load the game without it now.

EDIT: I deleted 0.4.3, opened the game, closed the game, added 0.3.0, opened the game, removed the items, closed the game, deleted 0.3.0, added 0.4.3, and now it works.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Does this mod work for multiplayer yet?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Have you learned to read at least the last two pages before commenting, yet?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Liquius
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Liquius »

cpy wrote:Does this mod work for multiplayer yet?
Not yet, but it's on my list for the next update.

building44
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by building44 »

I am so happy to see this mod. Regular Factorio has bothered me a long time because it does not have nuclear power.

On a side note, is there a "getting started" guide for this mod anywhere to help new users? Thanks!

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi,

The mod author hasn't gotten to that yet. In the mean time, I've made a world that has all the basis of this mod covered. You can explore the build and understand how it works.

-World covers enrichment chain, material acquisition, weapon production, and a 50 MW capable power house build (you can see stress-test with beacons banks).
-Need Uranium Mod 0.4.3
-Need Factorio 0.11.10

Savegame
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8h5c ... xample.zip
Uranium-example.jpg
Uranium-example.jpg (931.81 KiB) Viewed 9845 times
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Nice refining chain. Way neater than mine ever ends up :P
I'm curious though, why did you use beacons instead of radars for the power load?

Return to “Atomic Power”