[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by Choumiko »

It's working for me (FARL 0.4.2, 0.12.8, 5dmis 1.0.0), FARL 0.4.1 should work too.
Make sure the FARL is on powered rails when activating. Maintenance mode doesn't switch rail types for the track FARL is on, parallel tracks should work when they are powered rails in the blueprint (haven't tested though).
Note that FARL does not support the water power rails, only the normal ones.
I'll add fixing the maintenance mode as an issue, low priority though.

PS: Have you enabled the use of powered rails in FARLs settings? It doesn't decide which rails to use on it's own. Since i'm getting "Can't place rail" as an error if i activate on normal tracks, whereas you seem to be getting a kind of "Out of rails", which indicates that FARL might be looking for the wrong type of rail.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

Well, I didn't know you'd have to go into Settings for that. Seems a bit counter intuitive. If it already selects powered rails if you start building from them, then why the need to enable it? Should it not be opt-out.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Berserker55 wrote:Well, I didn't know you'd have to go into Settings for that. Seems a bit counter intuitive. If it already selects powered rails if you start building from them, then why the need to enable it? Should it not be opt-out.
It doesn't autoselect (at least it shouldn't/isn't written to do so).
I haven't thought much about how it should work. Here's a couple of questions (assume FARL selects the rail depending on the ones he is placed on when started):
- What to do when running out of the current type? Switch to the other one if it has them in cargo (could be bad when placing a line for electric trains, or more expensive when switching from normal to powered rail)
- Maintenance mode (assuming it works with powered rails): How does FARL know whether you want to replace the normal mainline with powered rails or keep it and only lay additional parallel tracks?

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

In my opinion, it should select the rail it starts on. When that rail is not available it should stop and give a popup asking if it should switch to available railtype x. If no compatible rails are found, it just stops like currently.
The popup selection could be triggerable from the settings - so that you can override the default behaviour if needed.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

Error on startup after updating to 12.11:
FARL.png
FARL.png (5.14 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
changelog shows this: "- Replaced entity type "rail" with types "straight-rail" and "curved-rail". Property "bending_type" is optional for rail entities,
but is still mandatory for rail remnants."

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Colossus wrote:Error on startup after updating to 12.11:
changelog shows this: "- Replaced entity type "rail" with types "straight-rail" and "curved-rail". Property "bending_type" is optional for rail entities,
That section is for 5DIM compatibility. I fixed it to the correct version, and I didn't get any other issues with FARL.

Code: Select all

if data.raw["straight-rail"]["straight-power-rail"] then

Szereka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szereka »

Hello

I Am Having the same problem with Factorio 0.12.11
Dont have 5Dim in my mods only FARL 0.4.2
Did try to remove FARL and didnt get any problem then reinserted FARL 0.4.2 and BAM
I got the same ERROR as before.
FACTORIO FARL ERROR 0.4.2.jpg
FACTORIO FARL ERROR 0.4.2.jpg (69.43 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
My Best Regards
Szereka

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Szereka wrote:Hello

I Am Having the same problem with Factorio 0.12.11
Dont have 5Dim in my mods only FARL 0.4.2
Did try to remove FARL and didnt get any problem then reinserted FARL 0.4.2 and BAM
I got the same ERROR as before.
FACTORIO FARL ERROR 0.4.2.jpg
My Best Regards
Szereka

Just because you don't have 5DIM installed, doesn't mean the mod doesn't attempt to handle it just in case you do.

As I said. Edit line of data-updates.lua to change FROM

if data.raw["rail"]["straight-power-rail"] then
TO

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:
Colossus wrote:Error on startup after updating to 12.11:
That section is for 5DIM compatibility. I fixed it to the correct version, and I didn't get any other issues with FARL.

That fix is correct (for that issue). But you should get other errors for FARL too (from quickly checking the changelog). As soon as i get my Factorio running i'll start on a hotfix.

Cazadore
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cazadore »

did make the change in the lua for FARL, did not work.
well, there goes the 30min of playing before going to work : (

game works fine without the mod, but my main Save is with FARL.

now i memorise: dont patch the game right away. your Save might be broken because of changes b/c mods get broken

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

You can get the previous version back by downloading it form the factorio website. Just log in and redownload the installer.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Fixed the api changes/errors, added some smaller things: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 87#p113087

Edit: You should only upgrade from 0.0.4, since i took the opportunity to remove old migration code

jhyatt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jhyatt »

is anybody else having a problem with the mod gui's only showing unknown key.

i have reinstalled 12.11 and re-downloaded all mods but still have the same issue.

Justin

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

jhyatt wrote:is anybody else having a problem with the mod gui's only showing unknown key.

i have reinstalled 12.11 and re-downloaded all mods but still have the same issue.

Justin
it's a Factorio bug https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17098
Unzip the mods and they work.

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

Hello, today for some reason the game pop up this message: Unexpected error: _ _ FARL _ _/GUI.lua.370: attempt to index field "gui" (a nil value). The game keeps on spamming this error non-stop.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

alduin235 wrote:Hello, today for some reason the game pop up this message: Unexpected error: _ _ FARL _ _/GUI.lua.370: attempt to index field "gui" (a nil value). The game keeps on spamming this error non-stop.
I assume you are playing on 0.12.13 ? There's a bug breaking saved mod data when it's stored in a certain way: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17275
If you can play with 0.12.12 i'd suggest downgrading, since there's nothing i could do to make it work.

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

Thank you for the quick reply. I will do it ASAP.

SnoopyTiga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SnoopyTiga »

3rd time that happend to me.
Factorio V 0.12.10
FARL 0.4.2

Seems to "trigger" if you check the unchecked "Place poles" box AND your train is moving in the area around the X (dont know if it happens if is a single curve)
farlbugreport01.png
farlbugreport01.png (3.22 MiB) Viewed 6876 times

ccik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ccik »

Choumiko wrote:
alduin235 wrote:Hello, today for some reason the game pop up this message: Unexpected error: _ _ FARL _ _/GUI.lua.370: attempt to index field "gui" (a nil value). The game keeps on spamming this error non-stop.
I assume you are playing on 0.12.13 ? There's a bug breaking saved mod data when it's stored in a certain way: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17275
If you can play with 0.12.12 i'd suggest downgrading, since there's nothing i could do to make it work.

I had the same issue. Apparently, this only occurs if you are driving or riding in the FARL at the time of the save.
If you don't want to loose your savegame because of downgrading or don't want to wait for the fix, the following helped me clear the situation:
Park the FARL somewhere, save again, preferably a new slot.Exit the game, disable the mod, load the game with the mod disabled, and save, then exit. Now, activate the mod, load the game again. You will get a message, saying that the FARL is removed, because of different mod stages. Your FARL now should have dissapeared. Next, save the game again, exit, and load with mod enabled. By this time, you should get no error message, and you can build a new FARL, which can be used normally.

Darkestnoir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darkestnoir »

Getting this when i place a Rail Layer, no crash. On 12.13.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 6828 times

Return to “F.A.R.L”