Equippable Spider Legs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

protryon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Equippable Spider Legs

Post by protryon »

TL;DR
Module/Power armor equippable spider legs, similar to an exoskeleton, but provides a limited form of the spidertron leg mechanic.
What
An armor component/equippable item, similar to exoskeletons, providing the player spider legs -- but not as large as the actual spidertron.
Why
Several parts in game can't be walked over/around (most notably pipes) -- and this suggestion would be a neat (and awesome looking) quality-of-life addition. Seems easily balancable with less leg stretch than spidertron, being after spidertron tech, and/or requiring more armor slots.
Previous Work
I couldn't find any mods or suggestions similar to this -- I haven't gotten into Factorio modding yet, but when I do, I may implement this as a mod.

The squeakthrough mod/similar suggestions has a similar purpose, but less interesting (read: awesome looking) method of implementation and versatility of use.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Equippable Spider Legs

Post by mrvn »

Wouldn't that basically be using the spidertron (scaled down somewhat) as character?

Shouldn't be too hard to create spidertron clones matching the inventory and equipment size of the playerfor each armor and some LUA script to change the character to the matching spidertron clone and transfer everything when you equip the spider legs.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ahem. Does a spider with 16 legs run faster than with 8?
:lol: 8-)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ssilk wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:49 am
Ahem. Does a spider with 16 legs run faster than with 8?
:lol: 8-)
It will still use 8 legs but those will have stilts. So double the reach. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”