Option to soft-enable mods when syncing with save

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Option to soft-enable mods when syncing with save

Post by kirazy »

Current behavior with sync mods with save is that you can enable mods that are in the save only. To add mods to the save, you have to first sync mods with the save, restart the game, and then enable additional mods, which then requires another restart.

If would be amazing if it were possible to sync mods and settings with the save, and also browse installed mods to toggle those on as well. Though that sounds like it could be hellishly difficult to actually implement... but, maybe? :D?

Lock out settings/singleplayer/multiplayer? Just let me turn on additional mods?... Restart once please? :D?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Option to soft-enable mods when syncing with save

Post by ssilk »

Well, I also would wish much more functionality about mod-handling. There are a ton of suggestions about mod handling, it's currently one of the most suggested things, but unlike other suggestions, there is no clear line in them, the number of different suggestions is too high; there is no clear target. And it's a minority of players, that would need it. And there is always the possibility to handle the mods by yourself (startup option), not inside the game.

Before discussing about this, I recommend to read through some of the suggestions.

A good start, but a bit outdated is viewtopic.php?f=80&t=27805
Maybe this also helps:
search.php?keywords=Mods+handling+&term ... mit=Search
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”