Achievement: Landowner

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mskvaer
Inserter
Inserter

Achievement: Landowner

Post by Mskvaer »

TL;DR
Suggestion for another achievement: Possessing many square kilometers (millions of tiles)
What ?
Like the achievements with high productionrate of circuits (I've managed a few of them), the same can be made for explored territory, or "Your base is getting Big". They have to be bug free, otherwise it is not your territory, right?

This achievement can be in a few levels, ie. a relativly easy threshold (1M tiles?), a hard level and an insane level.

With a car or spidertron it is "easy", just requiring the patience to guide it around discovering tiles, therefore the achievement has to demand little more, like the area is free of enemies. Alternativly it is the radar covereed area, well, that could be two separate achievements.
Why ?
A nice achievement metric, like production rates. I'd say every reason given for the making the circuit production rates achievement applies to this as well.

Whilst a first level might come up as a sideeffect of just building the base, going past the first rocket, further levels would give you incentive to go bigger.
None of my business, but ...
I am guessing it would not be too hard (computationally) to track how many biterfree chunks there are.

I suspect it is harder computationally to check if the area is surrounded by an unbroken wall (where lakes and cliffs can act part of the wall) and the size of that enclosed area as another way to define "my tiles" which you can make biterfree once and for all. (They don't spawn out of thin air, right?)

Other names of the achievement might be "Empire Owner" or "Today the factory, tomorrow the world" ...
+---+
| M | (now 2000+ hours)
+---+

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”