Production Window and Science Packs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jdashton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Production Window and Science Packs

Post by jdashton »

First, the thing I'm most likely to search for in the production window is "science pack". This is so much more often than any other thing I search for that I suggest it should have its own tab, along with Items, Fluids, Buildings and "Pollution Kills". (I know, I know, it's two separate tabs. But the message seems pretty clear.)

Bug report: when searching for "science pack", the "Rail" item also turns up, which throws off the scaling for the remaining items on the graph.

Request: when any science pack is among the search results in the production window, please require that science pack item's graph color to be the same color as the science pack icon, meaning that Space science packs will always have a white line on the graph, Chemical science packs will always be represented by a light-blue line on the graph, etc.

Request: calculate the sort order less frequently for items in the production window, so that they do not jump around quite so rapidly. Five seconds might be a reasonable interval. Even one second would be better than it is now. Or it might be better to add a "Sort again" button, and not change the sort order except when that button is pressed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Production Window and Science Packs

Post by ssilk »

Please report bugs into the bugs-board; inside of a suggestion it will be ignored.

Please make one suggestion per thread.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Production Window and Science Packs

Post by Silari »

jdashton wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:32 pm
Bug report: when searching for "science pack", the "Rail" item also turns up, which throws off the scaling for the remaining items on the graph.
This isn't a bug - turn off 'Fuzzy Search' in the interface options. The letters for 'science pack' all turn up in order in the description for a rail, which fuzzy search considers a match. Same thing as viewtopic.php?f=23&t=95783

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”