Constructions robots get "lost" in unpowered roboports

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
JasonCurnow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Constructions robots get "lost" in unpowered roboports

Post by JasonCurnow »

Short bug: Construction robots will park in unpowered roboports and get "lost" until the roboport gets power.

I'm building a large megabase (15K SPM) and I'm running into a problem with construction robots. I am building some massive projects (i.e. steel for purple science) and lay down my blueprints, my rail stop and support for my main construction train. I add ~600 construction robots to let it build itself.

When I return, I find that the logistic network is only left with 50 construction bots. It turns out that the bots have built out roboports before they build out power to the roboport, then landed in that unpowered roboport. The bot is then "lost" and unavailable for construction. The bots re-activate when power is added to the roboport.

Most of the time the remaining construction 'bots will power up the roboport, but it can take hours and hours to build something that should really only take about 30 minutes.

Can you fix Construction Robots so they don't land in unpowered roboports?

AmericanPatriot
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Constructions robots get "lost" in unpowered roboports

Post by AmericanPatriot »

If you make a separate “construction grid” blueprint that contains power and roboports, construction should be much more quick.
Sarcasm and insults are generally neither helpful nor appreciated. :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”