Accessibility option - screen flash on warning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mak_uk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Accessibility option - screen flash on warning

Post by Mak_uk »

If you are playing with sound enabled (or are able to hear) then it is easy to tell when turrets have engaged and/or buildings destroyed, as you get an alarm as well as the small warning triangle and arrows.

If you do not have sound enabled/are not able to hear, then when focused on the task at hand you can easily miss these alerts, allowed significant damage to occur.

My proposal would be that there is an option to make the screen flash when these alerts happen, much like in a first person shooter the screen might flash red when you take damage.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Accessibility option - screen flash on warning

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I also play often without sound (instead hearing music or podcasts), so I’m aware, that I could miss the alarms. But that also happens with sound.

And flashing is not such a good idea, we have some suggestions about removing the current flashes, because of epilepsy inducing. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93413
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Accessibility option - screen flash on warning

Post by Trific »

ssilk wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:39 am
Hm. I also play often without sound (instead hearing music or podcasts), so I’m aware, that I could miss the alarms. But that also happens with sound.

And flashing is not such a good idea, we have some suggestions about removing the current flashes, because of epilepsy inducing. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93413
Flashing is fine as long as it isn't on by default, the option is clearly labeled as causing flashing, and can't be turned on by mods (or anything other than the player explicitly choosing to turn it on).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”