Sync mods with save - Change grouping order

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sync mods with save - Change grouping order

Post by invisus »

I've tried looking for similar topics about this... but didn't find any. Forgive if this has already been suggested.
TL;DR
I'd like to suggest the order of the mod groups in the "Sync mods with save" window (Correct, Not in save, Disabled) be changed for usability purposes.
What ?
When changing mods between saves, you can use the Sync mods with save option to help facilitate changing/adding/removing the different mods we have loaded per save. Great.
Why ?
I would suggest changing the order of the groups listed, as I find that at least me personally, rarely change the "Correct" mods. I am typically needing to interact with mods listed in the "Not in save" or "Disabled" groups. Granted, this is primarily an issue with large mod sets, especially when this requires scrolling to the bottom of this handy little window. Every. Time.

It seems the primary purpose of being able to "Sync mods" is to specifically aid in fixing "Not in save/Disabled" mods that are not proper and "in sync" with what is already loaded. This effectively makes the window show you the _least_ helpful thing first; the list of mods that are already "Correct" and don't need to be synced.

Given this, one could argue that from a usability standpoint, "Correct" should be listed at the bottom of this GUI.
I don't have much thought as to the order of "Not in save" or "Disabled". I do care that those groups that are not in sync, are listed first... as I'm attempting to "sync" them, so they're the ones I should be primarily concerned with, and thus, the ones that are listed at the top of the GUI.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”