Invisible percentage for ore active ingredient.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

yagaodirac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Invisible percentage for ore active ingredient.

Post by yagaodirac »

TL;DR
For ore with 100% active ingredient, the production is 1 plate from 1 ore. For 50%, 1 plate from 2 ore items.

What ?
This needs more field in the prototype(data.lua), and more codes to manage the tooltip for an item.
And also, tech to unlock the full display of information.
Also, this might scale to all the mid products.
But the real core of this suggestion is that, say I have 10 100% ore and 10 50% ore. If I didn't unlock the technology to see the full information, I got to smelt them all together. This needs the furnace to handle a series of recipes.
{type = "recipe"
name = "100% iron ore smelt"
...}
and
{type = "recipe"
name = "50% iron ore smelt"
...}
Like the fast replace.
For now, if a whole lane of furnaces have worked on a recipe, unless they finish just the full cycles, or they'll get stuck. Like if ores and iron plates are mixed for smelting, the steel recipe stucks some furnaces, even no iron plates come, they won't do anything.
50% ore needs to add 0.5 to the results of recipe progression.
Why ?
If some more mechanism is added, this might provide more places to increase the final production. More variety for vanilla. And this makes ores more interesting. Let's say, a specific combination of environment generates better ore and stronger bitters at the same time.
Anyway, more variety for the environment should be the top task after the sugar is enough.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Invisible percentage for ore active ingredient.

Post by ssilk »

In other words: you add for any ore-item a number, how many ore is really included and that influences the smelting?

What is the difference to
- randomly don’t output an item from smelting process?
- reduce the balancing.

What is the gameplay value?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

yagaodirac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by yagaodirac »

ssilk wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 am
- randomly don’t output an item from smelting process?
I'm not familiar with the api enough. Yeah, your idea is better.
ssilk wrote:
- reduce the balancing.
So, it needs a checkbox.
ssilk wrote:
What is the gameplay value?
1, More variety of environment as described.
2, More choices to increase the final production, and upgradable things. With careful balancing, this might save some cpu power. Just like people do with the ore in py.

But actually I don't care about this detail that much. I'm working on a mod which would provide a brand new gameplay. It has nothing to do with crafting.
Actually my suggestion is from "more complexity, less scaling". Cpu power is limited, we can do nothing with it. But we can increase the complexity with very slight delelopping cost.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

yagaodirac wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am
But actually I don't care about this detail that much. I'm working on a mod which would provide a brand new gameplay. It has nothing to do with crafting.
Let me say it so: I’m sure there are already mods, that use randomly generated items. I really recommend to look at them first. Some are updated, but there are some more, that are not.
Actually my suggestion is from "more complexity, less scaling". Cpu power is limited, we can do nothing with it. But we can increase the complexity with very slight delelopping cost.
Uh. :) Well, software development is always about reducing complexity, not adding. Adding complexity is easy. The challenge is to add gameplay value, but not complexity. Your suggestion adds a bit gameplay value, but also some complexity. 8-)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”