Placing underground ghosts rotates 180 and cannot be dragged "sideways"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Placing underground ghosts rotates 180 and cannot be dragged "sideways"

Post by roze »

TL;DR
The new rotation of underground belt ghosts on placement sucks bad...
What ?
Please add an option to disable rotation of underground belts/pipes upon placing. Preferably by dropdown with "Rotate always", "Rotate when placing normally", "Rotate when placing ghost" and "Never Rotate".
This would make it possible to drag-place ghosts like before, saving a lot of time when building lots of belts for for example a bus.

Why ?
Placing a long line of belts facing the same direction have now become seriously more tedious. Previously (and by that I mean, during my 3000+ hours of gameplay), all I did was pick the underground belt, rotate it as I wanted, and held down my left mouse button and painted the line of underground belts. In most cases, I just clone (q) the correct alignment from something close by. The new version places Exactly 1 underground belt when dragging sideways. Nothing less, nothing more. And in addition to this, rotates the belt 180°, making repeated click-placements taking over 10 times longer, since I have to rotate each piece before placing it. Not even turning off lock belts to straight lines prevents this, imo, unwanted behavior.

One work-around is copying (ctrl+c) and paste, then drag. However, this has two side effects, instead of requiring exactly two action (q then drag), it requires several more. First ctrl+c, then selection rectangle, then ctrl+v, then drag. so from two to 7 presses (counting command+key as two, cause it takes longer time to ctrl+key than just key). It also clogs up the copy history with nothing but underground belts in different directions. Not to mention that ctrl+c a single entity usually results in unwanted picks.

Intended/expected upon dragging:
unknown.png
unknown.png (403.21 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Current/unwanted (placed with ghosts, built by bots):
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (678.21 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Original post; As I do believe this is also part bug. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=92325

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Placing underground ghosts rotates 180 and cannot be dragged "sideways"

Post by ssilk »

You saw that post: viewtopic.php?p=524608#p524608
?

And no, it’s not a bug, as it is intended behavior. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”