Deconstruction planner - filtered for items

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Deconstruction planner - filtered for items

Post by Degraine »

I've been sitting on this idea for a while because it didn't seem all that useful, but now that force-placing for blueprints is a feature, I think its time has come.

Lift-click and drag marks everything in an area for deconstruction, but what if right-click and drag created a list of every type of building in an area, and then left-clicking with that particular redprint would only mark the buildings on its list for deconstruction? You would be able to deconstruct and replace a standard transport belt network in a factory with ease, or upgrade the assemblers, and so on. If you have one of the mods that introduces several grades of solar panels, accumulators, steam engines, etc, this would make a speedy and efficient way of upgrading sections of the network without inadvertently removing and having to rebuild all the surrounding components as well.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Deconstruction planner - filtered for items

Post by ssilk »

I was near to join this with that https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ion+Filter

But it's indeed a different suggestion. :) I like it, because it has multiple usages.

The implementation is in my eyes not fully finished (it's good to keep it that open). I suggest it like so:
- I click shift-LMB and drag.
- some kind of menu opens (right side?)
- I can continue and select more area-parts for deconstruction. They are added to this list. The selected items are somehow specially marked.
- when I'm finished with selection, I can choose:
--- deconstruction
--- filtered deconstruction
--- replacement
--- deselect (cancel)
--- undo last selection (multiple times)
- and start action
- if I lay down the deconstruction tool, the selected areas keep stored! I can put down, pick up the tool several times.
- the current deconstruction (select without shift) works as before.

This list of actions is modable, a modder can create an own action.
The logic says now, that the blueprint tool has also such a mode, but that is another suggestion. :)

This is then also a suggestion, which goes directly into the direction of implementing blueprint-assists, like https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 153#p73024
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I do like the shift-LMB idea, especially for the 'replace' option. I think that really makes the concept viable.

Assembling machines could be replaced without having to set their recipes up again (one weakness of my basic idea), basic transport belts could be replaced with fast or express equivalents specifically, inserters, etc. And if you used a blank deconstruction planner, it would list everything in the selected area, or a filter list would capture only the things it's limited to. I like it a lot.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I do like the replace option too. Select all Assembly machine 1 and 2, replace with 3. or in cases of mods, solar panels, generators etc, replace with highest mk version.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

i support this :D

goku90504
Inserter
Inserter

Post by goku90504 »