Red and Green Wires (and blue?) and their components

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Red and Green Wires (and blue?) and their components

Post by GlassDeviant »

Summary

Green wires should be made from copper cable + electronic circuits, red wires from copper cable + advanced circuits and blue wires added to be made from copper cable + processing units.

Explanation

This would add an element of expanding tech base and complexity to the use of control wires. Green wires would be relatively cheap and simple to make, giving you one set of instructions for logistic equipment. Red wires would be a little more expensive and complex to make and give you a second set of instructions for logistic equipment, hence the need for a more complicated circuit type. Blue wires would be very expensive and complex to make, and give you a third set of instructions for logistic equipment, thus requiring a much more complicated type of circuit to make. The choice of wire colour is simply associated with the colour of the circuit used to make it, just to make it easier to remember.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Red and Green Wires (and blue?) and their components

Post by quinor »

Wires are used very rarely even now; making them more expensive just does not make any sense. Most of the cases you just use roboports network and not wires.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

In my opinion green/red wire should cost nothing. Instead they should be part of the poles. They already include normal cables, they could also include red/green cables. Much less hassle.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Making them free also seems a god idea for me.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”