Hand crafting speed is partly wasted.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

yagaodirac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Hand crafting speed is partly wasted.

Post by yagaodirac »

In some scenario, people would get very big buff on hand crafting speed. When they take less than 1 tick to craft some item, the extra part is wasted.
Normally, if some recipe takes 1second, it's 60ticks. If someone has a hand crafting speed of 60, it takes only 1tick. But if that guy's speed is 120, he should be able to craft 2items per tick. But in this version, no way to craft more than 1 item per tick no matter how fast your hand is.

This causes some of the strategy to be different. In some hacked version of mtn fortress, when people have very big hand crafting speed, say 120, when they craft green sci pack, the most efficient way is that, use assembles to craft all the inserters and belts, then take these gradients then hand craft them to green sci pack. Only in this way, hand crafting speed is almost fully utilized.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hand crafting speed is partly wasted.

Post by ssilk »

What mod does that?? :shock:

I can’t take this serious, because Factorio is about automation. Not handcrafting 60 items per second. :D

More serious: maybe it’s part of that mode to handcraft everything, but I think it isn’t a good idea. As far as I know this 60 items per second is a hard limit that would need fundamental changes in the game engine to remove. I tend to won’t implement. Sorry.

Idea: This mod should use boxed items instead. If you produce 100 items at once your crafting is 100 times slower and everything is fine.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Handcrafting speed
This also goes for assembling machines can't go below one tick per craft.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

ssilk wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:31 am
What mod does that?? :shock:
this could be Crafting speed research from Klonan himself.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”