Functional collapsible sections in Controls settings menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

VolatileDawn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Functional collapsible sections in Controls settings menu

Post by VolatileDawn »

Hello, first of all congratulations on your terrific train simulator software, I enjoy it quite a lot. :D
Second of all please allow me to propose a fix to a tiny tiny menu annoyance. When using the "Controls settings" menu (pause->settings->controls) you have implemented collapsible drop-down sections, for example "movement", "basic interaction", etc., which categorize like controls. However the state of the collapsible section is not saved between visits to the controls menu. For example if I want to quickly access the "mods" controls I would collapse the sections above it until I reach the mod section, change my setting, then exit back to the game. But if I return, all the sections are uncollapsed, and I have to collapse them all again, which is inconvenient. What use are these nifty collapsible sections if they essentially function only as headers. I would ask that you either set the default state of the sections to "collapsed", or add a setting to remember which sections have been previously collapsed. Again, a pretty tiny change. Also while you are mired in menus you might consider using your lovely green and red continue and exit buttons in the pause menu. THANK YOU for your consideration.
Attachments
nifty.jpg
nifty.jpg (174.68 KiB) Viewed 590 times

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Functional collapsible sections in Controls settings menu

Post by ickputzdirwech »

+1
I rarely change controls but when I do it is usually from mods. They are pretty much at the bottom of the list. It is so annoying to scroll all the way down.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”