If you click on the minimap with spidertron remote, it should move spidertron instead of opening the map.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

If you click on the minimap with spidertron remote, it should move spidertron instead of opening the map.

Post by theradman221 »

TL;DR
If you click on the minimap with a spidertron remote selected the spidertron should move there instead of it opening the map and then having to click on the same spot again.

What ?
If you are holding a spidertron remote the spidertron will move to the spot you clicked, instead of opening the map. This would make using the spidertron when close by easier. (In particular for fighting big bases)
Screen Shot
Example
Example
20200829074426_1.jpg (586.46 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
Why ?
This would be useful becuase right now if you want to move the spidertron anywhere not viewable, you have to open the map then select then close the map, this is fine for far away things, but since the minimap shows more area than you can see it would be useful to be able to direct the spidertron to something in that range quickly without having to open map view.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: If you click on the minimap with spidertron remote, it should move spidertron instead of opening the map.

Post by Qon »

I kind of expected it to work that way and tried to use it like that. Sadly the map was opened instead. And that's how I learned you can click on the minimap to open the map. But I would prefer that spidertron walked where I clicked instead when holding a remote.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: If you click on the minimap with spidertron remote, it should move spidertron instead of opening the map.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Qon wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:40 pm
I kind of expected it to work that way and tried to use it like that. Sadly the map was opened instead. And that's how I learned you can click on the minimap to open the map. But I would prefer that spidertron walked where I clicked instead when holding a remote.
I too thought that It would have already worked like that and was surprised the first time I tried without it working.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I suppose clicking on the minimap opens it no matter what's in hand.

So a check for hand content needs to be added.

Should an artillery remote also fire by clicking on minimap?

Should a blueprint be buildable on minimap?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

All this makes only sense if the zoom level of the minimap could be changed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

ssilk wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:14 am
All this makes only sense if the zoom level of the minimap could be changed.
Wrong.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”