Active mod counter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Active mod counter

Post by Foreros »

TL;DR
Insert in the mod tab a counter that show, and maybe limit, the actually active mod amount.
What ?
I've recently discovered that the game has an hardcoded limit of 255 active mod at once.
For solve this "issue" I've been force to delete totally my mod directory because the list of added mod was causing this "crash" even editing all the already installed data in the mod-list.json file as inactive (false).
This has caused a big loss of time for download them all again and then to go back to installed list to deactivate them all manually before the game reboot.
Why ?
This can avoid to make this mistake to all users and have a "visive limit", if not an already hardcoded limit of active mods that prevent adding mods over this limit, that can give a chance to interact with mods without finding yourself in the swamp of deleting files and/or deleting the whole game and install it back if not too well versed in programs working.

I've checked all the previously suggestions and I've never found something about this, maybe because nobody usually will install a so big amount of mods, but dued to abundance of mods and modders, this can become soon a must to have or become a source of big troubles.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Active mod counter

Post by Rseding91 »

Foreros wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm
I've recently discovered that the game has an hardcoded limit of 255 active mod at once.
What? No it doesn't.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

I've received an ingame start error that say this.
I can try to reproduce it, but you've to give me the time to create a new install of Factorio and download again the needed amount of mods for reproduce the message.
It can require a few time, dued to limit time I can dedicate to the game recently.
For download and receive the message I've used 3 days of always active factorio session and for remove all the extra downloaded files and clean the mod data files I've used other 2 days.
I mean a "day" calculated as free time available in a day I can dedicate to Factorio.
I will update this ASAP with a screen of the message received.
Sorry for not have dome it already, but I've thought it was already know information, maybe willingly set by developers.

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

Sorry for late, but I cannot remember all mods I've installed before and the most I've redownloaded wont cooperate and autodisable each other reducing the mod amount under the 255 limit I've to pass...
I'm doing my best, but the time limit I've to dedicate force me to ask a little more patience... Sorry.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”