In-game Saves folder

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

falk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

In-game Saves folder

Post by falk »

What?

Upon starting a new game, all saved files related to that game are saved by default on a new folder unique to that game ID.
The name of this folder can be customized on game creation and can also be changed later on.

Why?
Players very often have multiple saves of the same game session (hourly saves, or whatever), and it can get very messy when there are too many unorganized saves. Having savings organized by game session would help out a lot.

At the moment, you can manually do this by creating a new folder in windows, outside the game, and then save your games in there. It would just be neat to have that be made automatically.
As a reference, I believe Satisfactory does this, your saves are under your game sessions folder and very organized.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: In-game Saves folder

Post by Koub »

For record, this suggestion (and others similar) was made in this thread (the discussion might be of some interest). Note : at that time, save overwriting didn't even prompt for a confirmation, hence the initial topic.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: In-game Saves folder

Post by ssilk »

New directory: super simple to implement (one button for create, a requester for name input plus validation, one button for parent directory) and very high game value!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”