Setting to change how fast resource size increase with distance.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Setting to change how fast resource size increase with distance.

Post by irbork »

TL;DR
I would love to see some slider that will allow for a lot less generous resource patches as I get further from base.

What ?
As it is now, resources are getting ridiculously abundant not even so far from base.
Please add some additional settings when we generate worlds:
1 - Distance resource modifier (the most important I am looking forward to, may be separated to size and richness or same for both),
2 - Starting resources modifier (just in case if we like to have rich start with not too ridiculous expansions, I wouldn't mind only one value for all the resources not to complicate things too much).
Why ?
No matter what setting I set in the current version I feel that something is not right. Even with the lowest survivable settings I get way to much ore not even so far away from base. The only playable settings can be achieved with RSO mod which is not perfect in the way it achieves good resource generation and is not something most players will know about or even consider looking for.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Setting to change how fast resource size increase with distance.

Post by irbork »

Probably allowing us to change "double_density_distance" would be enough if it affect oil as well.
However it will be linear increase and may still be out of hand easily. The best may be some sort of square root or logarithmic increases if it will be possible.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Yes please :)

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I personally want this but for a different reason: I want the recourse patches super tiny close to spawn, but also want them to grow faster.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”