tech tree to remember last selection

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Oscar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

tech tree to remember last selection

Post by Oscar »

First off, not sure if this topic has been around before, so apologies if it has.

Don't you feel it is convenient for the in-game tech tree page to remember the last tech you've viewed? I find myself very often going back and forth to see the techs I wanted to research next, and it quickly becomes very annoying to have to navigate the tree every time because the tree automatically "resets" to the last tech you've researched.

Devs, do you also think the current tech tree behavior can/should be adjusted? Many thanks.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: tech tree to remember last selection

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I don’t think so. It might be better to select last tech researched instead. You can also press control f to search techs by name or what they unlock.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Oscar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oscar »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:15 pm
I don’t think so. It might be better to select last tech researched instead. You can also press control f to search techs by name or what they unlock.
Preferences clearly differ from person to person (as it should ;)). Therefore devs could offer this as an interface option, like: "default tech tree behavior: 1) tech tree to remember last tech researched, and 2) tech tree to remember last tech viewed".

However, as this request constitutes to such a minor quality-of-life improvement I fully understand if devs and others would not agree to spend time on it, given there are currently still many other more pressing things to address. But hey, I guess we shall see. Cheers.

SirHannes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SirHannes »

+1

for me as a beginner the tech tree is overwhelming and often frustrating when I feel lost.
There is a search engine, yes, but do I have all names in my mind: no, like every beginner.
So it would be a huge help to me - and others too, sure - what Oscar wrote.

best
J
When I ask for features or improvements, it's because I like this game and I think, others could like it too.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Oscar wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:25 am
1) tech tree to remember last tech researched, and 2) tech tree to remember last tech viewed".
I would not implement it as interface option, but as a switch, where you can switch inside tech tree between these two modes at every time. Named “show last viewed tech”, “show last researched tech” ... when opened.

Besides the last researched is a button, which do that instantly.

And for the last viewed I can currently not remember quite well: do we have back and forward functionality in the tech tree? If not, that’s the way to improve navigation to a higher level.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”