TL;DRPlease add RSS data to Mod portal entries, so various bots, et cetera, will actually work.
What ?I know of several people who are running bots (discord, others) that are used to announce mod updates to mods by either community members, or other authors of interes.
Currently, in order to do this successfully, we have to scrape fields out of the mod recently updated list by regex pattern matching to the code. It would be really nifty if you guys could add in RSS fields for mods.factorio.com:
- Title (Factorio Mod Portal? Page title?)
- Description (Optionally, what version is searched?)
- Link (https://mods.factorio.com)
Then for each item on the Mod portal (or at least the recent ones) it would be helpful to have:
- Title (Mod name?)
- Description (Mod description)
- Link (Link to Mod)
- pubDate (Date mod last updated)
- Author (Mod Author)
This could be a separate feed file, or just embedded in the current page, in the appropriate places.