Notes to all items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Notes to all items

Post by burner »

I play mostly as multiplayer. Possibility to write notes for all items would be really usefull. Also some kind small dot to each item where is notes when alt mode is on. That prevents removig item without looking notes first. Those notes can be visible at that info panel where is that "Last user:".

Even better if that feature also include search what allow do search in all notes in map view and it show matches at map as dot. That way player write "Pleas do not remove. This prevent #sulfur overflow when #lead is full" and it give easy way to search all sulfur releated things. Naturally it is players thing how he use or does not use hartags or other markings. It is just text search.

Xystem4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Notes to all items

Post by Xystem4 »

An always present note might be a little overbearing, but an optional "help" section in the pause menu would be nice, if it allowed you to basically see the crafting inventory except clicking on something just brings up the explanation/note/hint/whatever. I think it's pretty clear to see most players don't really bother with the tutorial, so a non-punishing way to learn about new items at your own pace would be a welcome addition.

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Xystem4 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:29 pm
An always present note might be a little overbearing, but an optional "help" section in the pause menu would be nice, if it allowed you to basically see the crafting inventory except clicking on something just brings up the explanation/note/hint/whatever. I think it's pretty clear to see most players don't really bother with the tutorial, so a non-punishing way to learn about new items at your own pace would be a welcome addition.
Sounds that you did not understand at all what I was suggesting. That does not have nothing to do with tutorials, new items or help menu. It is way to tag installed things so that when another player start thingking "why there is valve in this pipe, can I remove this without breaking something else" it see note.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

A signpost that lets you write things on it would similarly be very useful.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

You want to add notes to items in inventories or to built entities out in the world?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That thread slipped through my fingers. :? I think entities instead of items is meant, but we need to ask and wait for answer.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”