Server Owner Option - Multiplayer Lobby Box.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

zippyit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Server Owner Option - Multiplayer Lobby Box.

Post by zippyit »

I would like to suggest an additional options for the multiplayer lobby box.

1. Server Owner.

I understand the two lua commands,
a. /c game.player.character=nil
b. /c game.player.selected.destroy()

I see the Server Owner role different to that of a Player Administrator.

Yes i do accept the fact, for those that read this request that they are other means,

1. Knock up a headless server on one computer.
2. Have a Player Administrator on another computer.
3. Have a normal Player Account on another computer.

Yes I could could get one computer to do points 1 and 2.

Yes I could Rent a Server, But I find over a course of a year it is cheaper to have your own server as opposed to renting.

But they still allow the server owner to be a player. The name of the server owner is still on the players screen.

Having brought a Third copy of the game to have the graphical interface In the form of like the map editor as opposed to that of a headless console screen. (which can be a tiresome affair if alterations have to be made etc). Just to try and have an easier time with the administration especially using experimental versions where I could inject, remove or correct a fault during streaming in a timely fashion, or to just make a timely alteration.

I have seen a few requests that want small parts of what I am suggesting, like one wanted web admin, another a gui for item banning I think it was.

The reason I am asking for the request is that I am a streamer on twitch and all, etc etc.
So I want to balance the load, so on one machine player character no admin rights and streaming software. A "hybrid" headless mode I suppose one could call it, with a graphical map set up, and stream administration on another. and other technical on a third. plus additions etc etc.

I have most things Linux windows etc, some would say I am a little brainless but I digress so whether a hybrid type headless could be made whatever the system. Just trying to explain why the request. Thankyou.
Last edited by zippyit on Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZippyIT

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”