Game Scenario - Coop

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MathieuG89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game Scenario - Coop

Post by MathieuG89 »

TL;DR
Freeplay is fine as it is when playing single player but falls short when playing with friends. Please consider adding a Cooperative Game Scenario to Factorio.

What ?
I recently got one of my friends to buy this game so we could play together which he did and I'm glad. But, something really grinds my gear every time I'm hosting a multiplayer game. There is no coop game scenario which means when the game starts we both spawn on the same starter patch of raw resources and we both share the same technology research queue as we play.

How about a separate game scenario where players spawn next to one another (distance ajustable with a slider) on their own starter patch of raw resources and with the option of sharing or having their own separate technology research queue?
Why ?
What's the problem with how the game handles coop at the moment?

- My friend and I have two different approach on how to play the game; he for example doesn't care much about pollution and likes to research early and heavily into military. I on the other hand like to research into ways to improve automation and reduce my pollution to a minimum. So we're always doing compromises about what to research next and it takes away some of the fun as we take turns waiting on one another.

- We like to build our stuff our own separate manners so we're not in each others ways; that means one of us has to find a new suitable emplacement as soon as the game starts which is a pain because finding a spot with all the primary resources including water all at close proximity is next to impossible. Beside it's a waste of time and just isn't fun when we would like to get at it as soon as the game starts.

There's already a PvP game scenario so it would only make sense that there's also a Coop game scenario as well. It only seems fair to me that everyone should spawn on it's own patch of resources not too far from one another and having the option to share or not the technology research queue could appeal to both style of playing.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game Scenario - Coop

Post by Klonan »

MathieuG89 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm
There's already a PvP game scenario so it would only make sense that there's also a Coop game scenario as well.
You can play the PvP scenario as Co-op, just set yourselves to the same 'Team'. That way you will have separate research and starting bases, but not be aggressive towards eachother.

MathieuG89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Game Scenario - Coop

Post by MathieuG89 »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm
MathieuG89 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm
There's already a PvP game scenario so it would only make sense that there's also a Coop game scenario as well.
You can play the PvP scenario as Co-op, just set yourselves to the same 'Team'. That way you will have separate research and starting bases, but not be aggressive towards eachother.
I had no idea you could do that... I did try messing around a little with PvP but it never once crossed my mind to put ourselves in the same team :lol:

Thank you Klonan for taking the time to clarify this issue

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”