FPS Limit and GUI scaling

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

FPS Limit and GUI scaling

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Hello all!

TL;DR: I'd like updates per second and frame rate to be unlinked. I'd like the GUI size to be variable.

I'm a big fan of the game and think it's got great potential - let alone being amazing at just V0.11.

Two things that are bugging me, however:

1) I have overclocked my monitors slightly (to 77Hz) and would really like to achieve more FPS than updates per second - they seem to be tied to each other. I currently play the game at 1.3x speed to get a smoother frame rate, but I would prefer to play at 1x speed and as many FPS as I can get.
- I have seen that people with 120 or 144Hz monitors have some issues and there is supposedly a fix - but I haven't seen such a fix, possibly because I'm only at 77Hz, not 120+?

2) GUI scaling - I use three monitors in Eyefinity at 3240x1920 which makes playing this game so much more fun... But, my map is a tiny little square in the top right of my screens and I'd love to be able to increase the size of it; of all of the GUI, to be honest - though the minimap mostly. Variance would be great, though I guess an "analogue" bar would possibly be difficult to program?

I hope my requests/suggestions are going to be implemented some day (the sooner the better, I guess) and wish the devs good luck in the rest of the development.

Thanks for reading!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: FPS Limit and GUI scaling

Post by ssilk »

Yeah, I remember that Supreme Commander had such a mode, that the map was on one screen and the battlefield on the other. Would be cool.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: FPS Limit and GUI scaling

Post by xBlizzDevious »

ssilk wrote:Yeah, I remember that Supreme Commander had such a mode, that the map was on one screen and the battlefield on the other. Would be cool.
Not actually what I meant or even what I was thinking - though I do kinda like the sound of it! As far as I'm aware, Supreme Commander is the only game that's ever supported that, though. I guess it's not easy to do?

All I was actually after is maybe something like the map in World of Tanks; you press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease the size of the minimap respectively. Maybe a setting in the menu to scale the whole UI from 75% to 200% or something as well as set a default map size?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”