Some sort of herbicide, remove grass and foliage

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

warbaque
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Some sort of herbicide, remove grass and foliage

Post by warbaque »

TL;DR
Some way to remove all shrubberies and grass from parts of the factory.
What ?
Item that is placeable the same way different paths are, but when placed would remove all grass and bushes from area.
Why ?
Placing pavement removes some foliage, but not everything, which I think is fine. But for cases when I want to clean everything it would be nice if I could just pour some flamethrower fuel everywhere killing everything, or something similar.

Placing pavement repeatedly to remove all grass is tedious.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some sort of herbicide, remove grass and foliage

Post by Pi-C »

warbaque wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 am
Placing pavement removes some foliage, but not everything, which I think is fine. But for cases when I want to clean everything it would be nice if I could just pour some flamethrower fuel everywhere killing everything, or something similar.

Do you mean something like this?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

warbaque
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warbaque »

Pi-C wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 am
warbaque wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 am

Do you mean something like this?
Something like that, but only for dedicated item that will not actually place anything, not for all items.
(I still want to be able to build without removing foliage)

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

warbaque wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 pm
Something like that, but only for dedicated item that will not actually place anything, not for all items.
(I still want to be able to build without removing foliage)
There are other mods that only remove decorations when stone, concrete, etc. path tiles are placed, e.g. Clean Floor, Cleaned Concrete, or Clean Tiles. They place tiles, though, so perhaps Decorative Remover may be better in your case.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”