Faster/more accessible logistic requests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Faster/more accessible logistic requests

Post by Mylon »

TL;DR
Faster/more accessible logistic requests, support modifier keys

What ?
* Clicking outside of the box is equivalent to clicking the green check mark. Only the X or esc cancels creating the slot.
* On mouseover of a logistic request slot, open the expanded pane for that logistic request.
* Additionally, while the pane is open, mousewheel controls the logistic request amount, ticking it up/down so long as the mouse cursor is on the slot OR the pane BUT not the max quantity.
* Shift-mousewheel ticks it up/down by 1 stack size.
* To alter the max quantity, either mouse-over the max quantity slider and move the mouse wheel, OR hold alt and move the mouse wheel.
* Shift + ALT reduces quantity by one stack size.
* While pane is open, mousewheel no longer zooms the view.
Why ?
This makes it easier to make adjustments to logistic requests with only the mousewheel, reducing the number of clicks required to make an adjustment.
Additionally, adding a keyboard shortcut as an alternate method of controlling the request slot makes adjustments easier. The current method feels like it takes extra clicks to accomplish regular tasks compared to the previous UI.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Faster/more accessible logistic requests

Post by ssilk »

Short thoughts:

1. There are users who play with trackpad out there and it works fine.
2. The reason why it feels clunky now is eventually because we where used to it. See 1. :j
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I subscribe to the thought that less clicks = better. Merging request and trash slots feels like it added at least 1 extra click to everything. This suggestion would keep the current behavior while potentially reducing the number of mouseclicks.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Mylon wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:34 pm
* On mouseover of a logistic request slot, open the expanded pane for that logistic request.
Then you would not be able to mouse over other slots hidden behind the popup.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Mylon wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:34 pm
I subscribe to the thought that less clicks = better. Merging request and trash slots feels like it added at least 1 extra click to everything.
Actually it removed total clicks if you want to set both request and trash. I'm not sure yet if I want that more, or less.

But really this interface isn't used that much over the course of a game and putting them together is SO MUCH better than having them separate that I'll happily pay the price.

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Also, bringing up filter automatically is a good idea as you're probably going to bring up a filter anyway.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”