User Interface for "less abled"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

User Interface for "less abled"

Post by juliejayne »

With all of the new UI popups, can I request ONE addition. Please add a Close Window X to the top right of EVERY popup.

I play less Factorio now as I often can only use one hand, and that is on the mouse. Being able to close windows with a mouse click would be a great benefit.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: User Interface for "less abled"

Post by Kyralessa »

I agree!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35208&p=220155#p220155
I dislocated my collarbone over the summer and had to have my arm in a sling for many weeks. As a result, using a keyboard was awkward, to say the least. I tried remapping the keys to the same side as my mouse hand, but it didn't help that much...because of the lack of an X. If I wanted to build something, it meant:

Keys - move to where I want to build.
Keys - open inventory
Mouse - pick item
Keys - close inventory
Mouse - place item
Keys - release item back to inventory

If you have two good hands, this is no big deal. But if you only have one working hand, it's quite a lot of back-and-forth. The "close inventory" step would be removed with an X in the dialog box, which would remove two of the back-and-forth motions. Instead of keys->mouse->keys->mouse->keys, it's just keys->mouse->keys.
The audience for this feature wouldn't be only the few people who are permanently "less-abled"; the audience for this feature could be anybody, because anybody can get an injury that prevents the use of one arm at least for a short while.

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

Re: User Interface for "less abled"

Post by juliejayne »

That was from 4 years ago, and Rseding couldn't see the point then.

But now that Rseding has SEEN the light, perhaps the new menus and pop up boxes could ALL have this useful little feature?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”