OLED-friendly GUI change

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

spacedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

OLED-friendly GUI change

Post by spacedog »

Just picked up the full game on Steam, enjoying it a lot so far.

One thing I noticed (I started out playing the campaign) is that there are several static windows in the UI -- the objectives window, quickbar, etc. I play on an OLED screen and I'm a little worried about these UI elements causing burn-in since they don't change.

Right now I'm running the game in a window that fills around 80% of the screen, and moving it around every so often. But it would be a lot nicer to be able to run in full screen mode.

It would be awesome if there were an option to have these windows fade out to like 80%-90% transparent, and only return to full opacity while the mouse is hovered over them. I skimmed through the API reference to see if this is something I can easily mod, but there doesn't appear to be an event for cursor hover, or any way to globally change the alpha value of a LuaGuiElement and all its children. I gather it's (probably) possible to permanently change the opacity by editing the styles, but that would make the UI permanently unreadable/unusable.

Anyway, I'm not sure how your GUI framework is set up, but if this is a fairly trivial change to add it would make the game a ton more OLED friendly. Thanks for reading!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”