Personal construction bots will ignore items on hand

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Personal construction bots will ignore items on hand

Post by CzBuCHi »

TL;DR
Personal construction bots will ignore all items in inventory, that are currently on hand.
What ?
Construction bots will ignore ALL stack of item, that is currently in player hand (Even if player has 40 stack in inventory).
Why ?
For example when building smelter array:
- im helping by placing belts (theyre easy to place for me, but 'hard' for bots) and i would like bots to place other things that are 'harder' for me to place so whole build is done faster.
- or i dont like order i which bots are placing poles (read: i dont like copper wires all over the place) and i would prefer to place them manually.

More generic implementation: Whitelist / Blacklist of items, that personal bots can use.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Personal construction bots will ignore items on hand

Post by conn11 »

Isn’t that already function wise implemented by the toggeable personal roboports (prp)?
Sure, you wouldn’t „help“ your con bots, but researching bot speed or just utilizing more and higher tiers prps would also circumvent slow construction times for larger blueprints.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

conn11 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:14 pm
Isn’t that already function wise implemented by the toggeable personal roboports (prp)?
That will completely disable personal robots (good function to have too). My proposal would make bots ignore one specific item but still place all other items.

More roboports dont help either - ratio between available robots and construction area is always around 90 tiles per bot wiki source so its nice to have 300 bots but construction area at that time is soo big it doesnt matter because theyre traveling too far. Also roboports are power hungry...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A suggestion I would understand immediately, is that you can tell the personal bots to only place this item. Like for power poles and/or roboports, because that really would speed up things.

But not the opposite case.

And I don’t think that this will be understood by many players. Instead they will see that as bug. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”