Fusion Generator

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Fusion Generator

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Following the assumption of the modular fusion generator using Alien artifacts as fuel, a building which does the same, would make sense.

~5k power output, ~6x6 footprint. Uses an artifact every 40 seconds, meaning 200k output per artifact.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Fusion Generator

Post by Nemoricus »

Do you perhaps mean 5 MW? Because 5kW would be way, way too low. And 40 seconds per artifact means that I, personally, would never use the fusion generator. It takes a fair bit of time to gather them, and I'm not always out destroying nests, so I could easily run out. Alien artifacts also aren't automatically collectible, which means this kind of a generator goes against Factorio's general principle.

Maybe if it ran for five minutes per artifact, I'd consider using it...

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Nemoricus wrote:Do you perhaps mean 5 MW? Because 5kW would be way, way too low. And 40 seconds per artifact means that I, personally, would never use the fusion generator. It takes a fair bit of time to gather them, and I'm not always out destroying nests, so I could easily run out. Alien artifacts also aren't automatically collectible, which means this kind of a generator goes against Factorio's general principle.

Maybe if it ran for five minutes per artifact, I'd consider using it...
I am assuming that one Kilowat is one power unit. I forgot that it was Kilowatts rather than Watts. So a full 5 thousand kilowatts, or 5 megawatts, yes. Also that is equivilent to 10 steam engines.

This was mostly to followthrough with the fusion generator module using Artifacts for power.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

10 steam engines it's far too small for using artifacts as fuel. Solar panels are way better, because they don't need any maintenance. Fusion generators also should go this way.

I would prefer using for example 50 alien artifacts to build one fusion generator with power of one steam engine, but consuming only the cold water.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Eh, it doesn't matter significantly. This was a fragment suggestion anyway. due to the rules disallowing multiple suggestions. this is largely a fragement of my powered armor suggestion.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”