Add stone and coal to allowable deconstruction planner filter items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Add stone and coal to allowable deconstruction planner filter items

Post by JasonC »

I would like stone and coal added to the items that are selectable as part of the filter for the deconstruction planner.

Rocks can sometimes leave piles of stone and coal on the ground when destroyed; so stone and coal are sort of technically in the same category as rocks in that context. It's often useful to pick them up over a large area (e.g. in the aftermath of going nuts on biters with atomic rockets or artillery strikes) without messing with terrain, trees, or other entities.

When the deconstruction planner with a rock white list filter happens to break a rock into a pile of stuff on the ground, it does pick them up. But if the pile already exists, there's no way to pick it up with a white list filter. Allowing stone and coal to be part of the filter would fill the gap there.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add stone and coal to allowable deconstruction planner filter items

Post by JasonC »

Wait. Cancel this.

I just now, after wanting this for so long, discovered "item on ground" in the misc category of the item filters. It's one of the red X's, mouse over them to see the tool tips to find that one.

So this feature already exists, but I'm leaving this post here on the chance that somebody else who is also unaware of this and wants this finds it and becomes happy. :D
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”