Smart Inserter - Delay Switch

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Smart Inserter - Delay Switch

Post by sgt_cookie »

You know how trains will wait at a stop for a certain length of time? I got to thinking, what if that was added to Smart Inserters?

The general idea is that, when you place an S-Insterter all the standard options appear, except that a small "clock" icon is at the bottom. When you click it an extra box comes up, that looks just like the timer for the Train. Say you set the timer to 5, the S-Insterter would only work once every 5 seconds. The inclusion of a timer alone would be an "activator" condition, similar to how simply having a Logistic's connection is an activator.

Secondarily, the "Timer" condition would function after the logistics condition. So, say you had an S-Inserter set to work only if you had 100 Circuits or less, you could then set a delay of say, 10 seconds, so that the S-Inserter would only function once every 10 seconds while there's less than 100 Circuits in its connection.

And that's my idea, really. I don't know "what" it would be useful for, but it just seems like something that Smart Inserters should be capable of.

-Sgt. Cookie

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Smart Inserter - Delay Switch

Post by ssilk »

It's planned for v0.12 that you can connect your train to the circuit system and somehow can control the train.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Smart Inserter - Delay Switch

Post by MF- »

As for the CCnet timer thing,
you can make a timer with a belt loop and a smart chests :)

No, it won't necessarily "eat" a red/green CCnet wire to the smart inserter,
since some kind of "signal processor" is promised as a part of the CCnet update.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”