Allow specific console commands without disabling achievements

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

itsthejoker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Allow specific console commands without disabling achievements

Post by itsthejoker »

TL;DR
I need to zoom out sometimes because of large blueprints but can't because it will disable achievements. Please let me zoom out more.

What ?
factorio zoom.png
factorio zoom.png (234.52 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
There are valid, in-game reasons to run specific console commands to modify the game without cheating. I propose that there is a small set of console commands that can be run without tripping the "you're cheating" check.

I know that there are mods that allow zoom control (and I've used them in the past), but Steam achievements are not available if you use mods.
Why ?
I maintain two primary saves: my "game" world and my "test" world. In testing, I like to prototype large systems that I simply don't have the resources to build in my game world, but sometimes when I blueprint them for use in my game world I can't zoom out far enough to properly place the blueprints.

There are probably other commands like zooming where their usage would not be considered cheating, but this specific one is something that I am running into semi-frequently as I head towards megabase territory.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Allow specific console commands without disabling achievements

Post by Koub »

This already exist. Commands that start with /c disable achievements, the others don't.

Zooming out furhter than the standard max zoom out could give an edge with exploration/fighting biters, so it makes sense for it to disable achievements.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

itsthejoker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Allow specific console commands without disabling achievements

Post by itsthejoker »

Hmmm. I hadn't thought about that. Cheers!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”