Ghost Build Mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ghost Build Mode

Post by Tami »

I want to see a new option for Ghost Build Mode.

1.) The Timelimit of 5 Minutes before the Layout disappears, should be able to be adjusted in Options Menu from maybe 5 Minutes till unlimit.
2.) Each Roboport gets a setting in interface to switch the behavior of Construnction Bots. The Options can be:
- A) Allow Roboport to build the Ghost Buildings, if you switch to off, you can plan your Layout and turn on, if you are finished
- B) Allow Roboport to repair Buildings and Replace destroyed Buildings
3.) Give a Roboport an additional Button: Cancel deconstruction Orders in its Range (100x100)
4.) deconstruction Orders have a timelimit like ghostbuild Mode and can be free adjusted in Game Options

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ghost Build Mode

Post by bobingabout »

1. The length of time a ghost blueprint exists for is modifyable by research, therefore your sugestion would break an existing game mechanic. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want an "infinite" setting.
2. Point A has limited usage, point B is pointless, why wouldn't you want things to be repaired?
3. I suppose this could be useful.
4. I guess the option wouldn't be such a bad thing, but personally, I wouldn't like this, if I mark something for deconstruction, I want it deconstructed. if I mark an entire wall for example, it can take my robots 10, 15, 20 minutes to fully deconstruct it, depending on how big the wall is, and how many robots I have. I wouldn't want to have to go back to where this wall was and find any parts that weren't deconstructed because the timer ran out.

on that note, there is aparantly a way to cancel deconstruction orders, but I havn't figured out how yet.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

There
bobingabout wrote:1. The length of time a ghost blueprint exists for is modifyable by research, therefore your sugestion would break an existing game mechanic. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want an "infinite" setting.
Is there a command to modify the ghost existing time?

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

bobingabout wrote:...
on that note, there is aparantly a way to cancel deconstruction orders, but I havn't figured out how yet.
To cancel deconstruction orders, just use the deconstruction planner, but instead of drawing a square with a click, you draw a square with shift+click.
Cordylus wrote:There
bobingabout wrote:1. The length of time a ghost blueprint exists for is modifyable by research, therefore your sugestion would break an existing game mechanic. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want an "infinite" setting.
Is there a command to modify the ghost existing time?
Increase ghost structures to 15 minutes:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.ghosttimetolive = 3600 * 15

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I want to point to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=4682 Planing, Cloning, Ghosting, Blueprinting and further...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

Ok, these are 2 settings, actions, i didnt know yet, thx for the info

(Ghost Timer, Deconstruction Cancel)

Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khyron »

While you're right that it's currently researchable and that implies that it's an intended aspect of gameplay or game mechanics, I see no good reason why ghost structures disappear after time.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Khyron wrote:
While you're right that it's currently researchable and that implies that it's an intended aspect of gameplay or game mechanics, I see no good reason why ghost structures disappear after time.
I do totally agree with this, hence the last part of my comment there.
bobingabout wrote:That doesn't mean I wouldn't want an "infinite" setting.
For those non-native english speakers, this is a double negative, it means I would want an "infinite" setting... or more precicely, I would be okay with one being added. damn, it's hard to write "maybe" without a negative.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”