Flamethrower Ammo

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Flamethrower Ammo

Post by Mecejide »

What ?
Flamethrower ammo should be made in an assembling machine instead of a chemical plant.
Why ?
Chemical plants are supposed to only handle recipes that involve chemical reactions, and making flamethrower ammo doesn't (it's just putting oil in a container).

kbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Flamethrower Ammo

Post by kbk »

This is a valid point since accemling machines have a fluidbox, so +1

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

This is most likely a tradition carried over from pre 0.17.69, where flamethrower ammo contained a mix of light and heavy oil.
With rocket fuel also requiring light oil since than, we have more recipes requiring the assembly Mk II+ fluid box. So no too strong reasoning on this line.
I fail to see the overall gameplay benefit.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I would reason that all ammo is made from assembling machines except flamethrower, so flamethrower-ammo should be moved to assembling machines for consistency.

Moving flamethrower ammo to assembling machines have these benefits:
- Can tile them better with other assemblers, especially if they are organized with other ammo-based products
- Fluid feed consistency when using barrels for delivery of the oil item in the recipe (i.e. the position between the de-canter assembling machine and the ammo assembler)
- Gain module slot when using assembling-machine-3 (from three to four)

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Although flamethrower ammo is the only using fluids, so maybe the inconsistency and variation is an actual good thing.
And let’s not forget, that the flamethrower is an big advantage, especially in early to beginning of midgame deforestation and with the new repcipe no refineries are needed. So it’s nice and relevant enough to show new players the use of the chem plant.
However the reasoning, I mainly feel the proposal lacking relevance, is, that flamethrower ammo can only be consumed manually and is therefore unlikely to truely beeing mass produced. Speeking at least from a pure Vanilla standpoint.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”