Big Power Pole improvements (suggestions)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DrLogiq
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Big Power Pole improvements (suggestions)

Post by DrLogiq »

Hi there!

I would like to ask the devs if they would consider improvements to the Big Power Pole:

These are sprited to look like pylons. I think they are a bit small for pylons, given how absolutely mahoosive they are IRL. I propose that these would be better if they have a 3x3 tile footprint, rather than 2x2. This also has the added benefit of satisfying the OCD of myself and many other players (quite a number of people I've played the game with have complained about this also), because wires don't align properly, especially when viewing the power grid overlay on the map. I also think they could be taller, though, that's just me. This is probably one of the only nitpicks I can think of with this fantastic game, everything else is pretty much perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Alternatively, a "Pylon" could be added, which could be a larger variant of the Big Power Pole with the above properties. These could also have the strut 'arms' on the sides, as well as lightning arresters, just like pylons in the real world (at least the ones we have in the UK). Lightning arresters... now there's an idea! WEATHER! Thunderstorms would be great to take advantage of, by building lightning rods to harness the raw power of the clouds to power (or possibly overload) the grid! ;P (and to protect yourself and your factory). I know right now the game's being prepped for 1.0 and new content is unlikely to be added currently, but let this be food for thought, because these ideas are exciting (to me, at least). I would also love to have the different pieces of equipment that are used in the output areas of power stations, where the station connects to the grid. I know it's unnecessary with the way this game works, but aesthetically, I'd love to have those. Since water was recently re-worked, perhaps power loss over long distance power lines could be implemented in the future, requiring step-up and step-down transformers at each end of a long-distance power line.

I digress. My OCD cries perfectly parallel tears whenever I look at the map and see my grid not have perfectly horizontal or vertical lines. Please... *insert GIF of cat with big eyes here* ...make it be!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”