A new tech to fill in/add water.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Linkzell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A new tech to fill in/add water.

Post by Linkzell »

Subject says it all. Anyone agree/disagree?

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A new tech to fill in/add water.

Post by Nova »

The "Ideas and Suggestions" subforum has nothing to do with mods. You can say "Until this is (maybe) implemented, you can use this mod", but all in all it's still about getting an idea into the game, but not with mods.

There are many threads about bridges, boats or other water ways, but in my short search I didn't see anything which want's to make the landfill mod (or equivalent) standard.

Yes, this should be implemented in a way, but big water areas should still limit the player. How about making water have a "depth"? The further away from the land, the deeper is the water and needs more stuff to be filled. This would allow adjusting the shore, but would make it pretty expensive to fill a whole sea. But the real problem is: What happens if someone makes his/her factory and island? Swimming biters would be a solution, but that would also stop the sea from being a nice "natural wall".
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

The problem with islands is they have limited resources, and in the case of landfill-esk (spell check hates me today i guess) you would need to speed a ton of resources to build a island, or spend a bit less to cut your self off, it's the same as defending, and not expanding, you're probably safe for a long while, but how much resources do you have?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

When it comes to ideas that get suggested and discussed often, and has nothing new added, I would rather see a link to a mod that does it already than read through yet another pointless discussion bringing up the same old points.

The devs have already stated they will get around to this, but it is low priority, so when that happens we can't say. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”