New player some suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

New player some suggestions

Post by BLuehasia »

before i get shot i really did look back many pages on the idea board to see if these were already menchen but didnt see anything

after playing and taken advantage of how tracks have two sides. but always finding it silly how i have to do set ups bigger than needed to make items be forced to one side of the track. there could be a item that pushes all items to one side of the track

i like to see a smart splitter that can split items i set to split left or right

i seen this brought up a few times world gen for ore needs work havent felt need to make trains yet

roads with automated vehicles, as much as i love the flying robots to me feeling like we are skipping a whole stage of tech of smart wheeled based delivery systems plus side they could carry more to. how i see this whole concept like big warehouses like amazon they have robot palate movers to move items around the wheres house to call out and store

a warehouse building to store mass amount of a single item. have tracks deliver directly into and tracks can also take out with out the need of instereors

last note thank you for this game cant belive how fun this game is in alpha and im sure like many i was turned off at frist when i saw it. was like how is this game even fun. but im so glad i gave it a try. lost my whole weekend to it

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New player some suggestions

Post by Garm »

Its better not to lump suggestions into one thread, but to have one suggestion type per thread instead.

BLuehasia wrote:after playing and taken advantage of how tracks have two sides. but always finding it silly how i have to do set ups bigger than needed to make items be forced to one side of the track. there could be a item that pushes all items to one side of the track

i like to see a smart splitter that can split items i set to split left or right
Can be easily done ingame already
BLuehasia wrote:roads with automated vehicles, as much as i love the flying robots to me feeling like we are skipping a whole stage of tech of smart wheeled based delivery systems plus side they could carry more to. how i see this whole concept like big warehouses like amazon they have robot palate movers to move items around the wheres house to call out and store
We have trains for that
BLuehasia wrote:a warehouse building to store mass amount of a single item. have tracks deliver directly into and tracks can also take out with out the need of instereors
I believe this goes against the playstyle of factorio - main concept here is to make whatever you want out of small tools, instead of having one large component with inflexible uses.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Garm, he/she did mention that this "ways" are bigger than necessary.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Welcome to the forums, Bluehasia! Just out of curiosity, are you on dA? The name is familiar, and so is your avatar.
BLuehasia wrote:after playing and taken advantage of how tracks have two sides. but always finding it silly how i have to do set ups bigger than needed to make items be forced to one side of the track. there could be a item that pushes all items to one side of the track
As Garm shown, there are a few ways to build belts that can do this already. Still, it would be nice to have some sort of customisable inserter where you can specify which lane the inserter uses to drop items on.
BLuehasia wrote:i like to see a smart splitter that can split items i set to split left or right
Yes, this would be a wonderfully helpful thing to have. If you don't mind modding the game, there's a mod doing just that.
BLuehasia wrote:i seen this brought up a few times world gen for ore needs work havent felt need to make trains yet
Yep, that's another part people have trouble with. You can try generating a map with the lowest frequency and small size for ores - this makes them farther apart than they are on normal settings. Still not nearly enough to need trains, though...

Again, there are mods to fix this for now, in this case the RSO mod, it makes all the resources much rarer, enough to make trains a necessity. If you decide to go for it, you should get the unofficial patch at the last page of the thread that makes the mod work in Factorio 0.11
BLuehasia wrote:roads with automated vehicles, as much as i love the flying robots to me feeling like we are skipping a whole stage of tech of smart wheeled based delivery systems plus side they could carry more to. how i see this whole concept like big warehouses like amazon they have robot palate movers to move items around the wheres house to call out and store
I'm not sure if there would be that much use for them. People use robots to replace belts because they can fly over factories and don't need to maneuver around, so Amazon-like ground robots would have quite a disadvantage and people would just skip them, much like how everyone skips modular armor or defender capsules...

Automated vehicles would work well as a middle ground between logistic robots and trains, though. If they could drive anywhere, on roads and away from them, and if they carried less cargo and were slower than trains, you wouldn't have to set up an entire rail just for a single remote outpost and they would be more useful for short distances, but trains would still win for long distance transport.
BLuehasia wrote:a warehouse building to store mass amount of a single item. have tracks deliver directly into and tracks can also take out with out the need of instereors
This wouldn't be a bad thing to have either, but it would take away use from inserters so the devs are unlikely to ever develop it... but once again, there's a mod for this if you want: Slipstream chests!

BLuehasia wrote:last note thank you for this game cant belive how fun this game is in alpha and im sure like many i was turned off at frist when i saw it. was like how is this game even fun. but im so glad i gave it a try. lost my whole weekend to it
Oh didn't we all, didn't we all... one's first thought is "This game doesn't look very fun..." and their second is "Wait, where did the day go?"

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

thanks for the mod links Rahjital :) ill give them all a try :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”