[0.17.69] Blueprint books sort by selected blueprint and not by book name in player inventory

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Magistrat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.69] Blueprint books sort by selected blueprint and not by book name in player inventory

Post by Magistrat »

The blueprint books are sorted in the inventory by whatever blueprint is currently active for a book. This caused me some confusion and reduces the ease of use when I have multiple books in the inventory and want to use them because the position changes between them.

I expected them to be sorted by book name.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Blueprint books sort by selected blueprint and not by book name in player inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. I'm going to move this to ideas and suggestions.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.69] Blueprint books sort by selected blueprint and not by book name in player inventory

Post by kbk »

Yeah, I too think that blueprints (and books) with non-default names should be sorted by name over contents. This should also apply to inventory-pinned blueprints/books.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

+1, the sort order of anything in the inventory should not change due to current usage of that item, only due to player invention.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The player using the item(s) is player intervention. The game can't just sort by name because not every book has a name and not every blueprint has a name.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vegemeister »

It could sort by the concatenation of name, " ", and (whatever the sorting key is now). That'd give predictable behavior for people who name their blueprint books, and degrade gracefully for people who forget. (All unnamed books would sort together.)

Magistrat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Magistrat »

I have put my books on the hotbar as a workaround now.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Vegemeister wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:47 am
It could sort by the concatenation of name, " ", and (whatever the sorting key is now). That'd give predictable behavior for people who name their blueprint books, and degrade gracefully for people who forget. (All unnamed books would sort together.)
This ^
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”