Moveable toolbar shortcuts

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Azzinoth
Inserter
Inserter

Moveable toolbar shortcuts

Post by Azzinoth »

Currently it is very cumbersone to change the order of items in the toolbar. You have to delete the current items, then search them again from the menu.

I think it would be much better if the toolbar would work like in WoW. When you left click on an item it uses the item. If you instead hold the mouse button and drag the icon, it gets moved to another slot and switches position when released. That would certainly make sorting and changing the toolbar easier.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Moveable toolbar shortcuts

Post by Adamo »

Azzinoth wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 am
Hey there. It sounds like nobody has told you yet that you can use the middle mouse button to set and unset the toolbar items while holding an item in your hand. Try that! I'm pretty sure this and other useful information is shared in the tips and tricks that pops up at the beginning of a new game.

Azzinoth
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Moveable toolbar shortcuts

Post by Azzinoth »

Adamo wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:19 am
you can use the middle mouse button to set and unset the toolbar items while holding an item in your hand.
Thank you, but that doesn't change anything.

If I move items like that I still delete the items at the target position instead of reordering it. So I have to make a copy of the item in the target slot first. That takes 2 clicks minimum, clicking on the item in the first slot, clicking on an empty second slot to create a copy. Then I click on the first slot (which changes my cursor item), then I middle click on the third slot to delete it and click either left or middle to place the new item. Then I have to click on the copy of the deleted item (second slot), middle click to delete it. Then go to the first slot middle click and left click.

I count 9 clicks for swapping two items, for something that could be done with one drag. Now do that for more than 10 items. It's horrible.

I know that some of the devs play WoW. The toolbar in that game works exactly like I propose.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”