Server configuration for achievement earning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Server configuration for achievement earning

Post by DarkyPupu »

Hi,

I've posted this on controversial news discussion but i think here is more appropriate, as i don't see it already been asked formerly :D

I play on a always-online server, this makes impossible the use of any achievement mod, because playing >50% of the server time is just not possible, would mean more than 12 hours a day average :lol: . Of course leaving the game client online just for that seems like a waste.

Would it be possible to make a server or start-map setting which would set the % of online time required to have achievements ? ("0%" allowed) Just enabling / disabling this feature is fine also, i just want to disable it. For Steam achievement purposes, you can consider the game modded if it gives trouble to anyone to have Steam achievements this way.

Same question about console commands, although less important. Using console commande may just be for retrieving a situation where adding or removing a mod breaks the game, i don't think it should be punished. Same as for above, may be considered just a modded game then, won't break Steam achievements.

My overall idea is that i'd prefer as server admin decide if it's right or wrong to get achievements, instead of not being able to use them at all ;)

I personally don't care about the Steam-achievements, as i've made all of them a while ago anyway. I'm only speaking of server-hosted and / or modded games.

Thanks in advance

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”