Drag Item into Train Station Name for Tag

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Drag Item into Train Station Name for Tag

Post by BlueTemplar »

TL;DR
Drag & Shift-Click items into Train Station Names for a Tag

What ?
To replicate the Console functionality.
Why ?
Right now, if you don't remember the internal name of an Item -
(which is going to be more likely if your game is not in English),
or just don't want to type it out,
you'll have to go through the Console, cutting the Tag from there, to paste it into the Train Station Name.

Related :
Drag Ghost to Console for Tag
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Drag Item into Train Station Name for Tag

Post by Optera »

+1
That would be a big qol improvement for labeling train stops.

Any idea on how fluids or virtual signals could be dragged there?
Maybe open the window where you can select combinator signals and insert from this window at cursor when clicking a signal. Similar to how chat programs open the emoji list.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Optera wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am
Any idea on how fluids or virtual signals could be dragged there?
Maybe open the window where you can select combinator signals and insert from this window at cursor when clicking a signal. Similar to how chat programs open the emoji list.
I'd be thrilled. The two standard implementations would be "pop up a dialog or something to select it from", and "type ':', then fuzzy matching on the names."

Given the former is how Factorio does so much of this stuff, a button to insert the signal tag with a pop-up dialog akin to the combinator signal selector without the "constant value" part seems like an exact match. Which might be the UI used for setting filters on logistic things, maybe?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

+11
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

slippycheeze wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:33 pm
The two standard implementations would be "pop up a dialog or something to select it from", and "type ':', then fuzzy matching on the names."

Given the former is how Factorio does so much of this stuff, a button to insert the signal tag with a pop-up dialog akin to the combinator signal selector without the "constant value" part seems like an exact match. Which might be the UI used for setting filters on logistic things, maybe?
Problem here is the multitude of options. Not only can you rich text literally every item in the game, but the very most of these can also be craftet (another selection) or you can only want the Icon (another one?) or maybe some Enitites (and another!) or... well, you find more examples in the wiki: https://wiki.factorio.com/Rich_text

Dont get me wrong, i would love the option to widely use rich text. Still, an editor for rich text is not easy nor compact (as a quick galnce at the html editor controls at the top of the reply box just reminded me)

We need to find a good way how to adress thes issue if we want the devs to make this happen.

edit: some modded approach here, and immediatelly you ran into problems: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rich_Text_Helper

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”