“Read logistic network contents” should include items in transit to storage or buffer chests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lexi.lambda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

“Read logistic network contents” should include items in transit to storage or buffer chests

Post by lexi.lambda »

When a roboport is connected to the circuit network, an option is available to read the network’s contents, which has the potential for very interesting applications. Unfortunately, the reported number is often inaccurate, since it does not count items currently being carried by logistic robots to buffer or storage chests. This is especially unfortunate when connecting logistic networks to LTN: extra deliveries may be unnecessarily requested because items are simply being moved from active provider chests to storage chests, or from storage chests to buffer chests.

Technically, the existing behavior does provide some benefit, since it allows the circuit network to query how many items are immediately available. However, I can think of several practical use cases where the behavior I describe would be helpful, but virtually none where the current behavior is. Therefore, I think it’d be an improvement to just always count items in transit as long as the destination is a storage or buffer chest, but it could also be a toggleable option in the circuit network connection settings.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”