Click in Mini-Map, zoom to location

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ekamien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Click in Mini-Map, zoom to location

Post by ekamien »

TL;DR
Just like when you click the blinking badge that something is under attack or destroyed brings you to the radar view of that spot, clicking in the mini-map in a particular spot zooms you to the radar view of that spot.

What ?
Basically as stated above. Instead of showing where you are when you click the mini map (I am already standing there, I know what's around me) it should zoom at the highest radar zoom (Farthest zoom out) that shows the active scene, centered on where you clicked.
Why ?
WHY do you think it increases the value of Factorio as a game?

I don't think the current entry point to the mini-map provides any value. It enters at a zoom level that doesn't show what you're looking at at the radar-level.
Use case: I heard an alarm, looked at the mini-map and saw what was going on, don'[t have time to react right away, but want to get there quick in a moment, maybe after the badge on the bottom of the screen is gone. I click the mini-map on the spot the issue was and immediately can see what's going on.
Use Case: Late game solid defense, but just heard a few more alarms than usual. Quick click on the mini map on a spot of concern at max zoomed radar level where i click in the mini map gives an immediate assesment without having to do more than 1 keystroke/mouse click.

Use Case: Early game, first few attacks, happen just out of quick walking distance(edge of radar coverage), quick click into mini map to see what's under attack right before i head over so I know what to expect.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”