Nocturnal Aliens and/or other alien types

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Nocturnal Aliens and/or other alien types

Post by Canyew »

I had a interesting idea that, instead of aliens that are just pissed off by pollution and/or noise. How about special ones that only come out at night, attracted to the players lamps and wants to destroy them? Maybe have bioluminescence on their bodies as well?

Also it would be cool to have some sort of boss alien type that comes out if lets say pollution is at X level and you killed X number of X type alien. More health than the big guys, maybe can spew acid like spitters and have giant claws sort of thing. kIlling them yields a small chance for them to drop artifacts.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Nocturnal Aliens and/or other alien types

Post by bobingabout »

I don't know how it is now, but DyTech 2.0 had a boss type biter, if it still exists it would be in DyTech Warfare.
The big difficulty with the "boss" type biters is that your turrets will lock onto them, and ignore everything else untill the boss is dead, while the little guys eat your defences.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Nocturnal Aliens and/or other alien types

Post by Canyew »

bobingabout wrote: The big difficulty with the "boss" type biters is that your turrets will lock onto them, and ignore everything else until the boss is dead, while the little guys eat your defenses.
This is what makes boss mob dynamics FUN! If you have a radar up, it should have a special icon for like "Large unidentified Alien approaching!" This means you know things are going to down hill fast and you should be there for it.

Either A: Add a tech/research to give turrets target priorities. This will let you set some back guns to focus on, and deal with smaller hostiles.

Or B: The player NEEDS to self manage and defend his defense network because there is no way in hell those turrets are going to take down that thing themselves.
(I am all for automating things to set it and forget it, however I feel the player should have some participation in active defense roles. To help make the game a little more exciting.)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”