Tree use research line

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Tree use research line

Post by DragonPox90210 »

I came up with this research line when I was trying to clear a forest and was getting annoyed at how long it was taking and how none of the wood was useful. This line is supposed to make it so that wood is a resource that you want to mine too

Lumber Jacking: Allows the burning of wood to produce charcoal. 5 pieces of wood makes 1 piece of charcoal that has 2/3 the energy supplement of coal. It requires 30 red science packs to research

Rubber Processing: Requires Lumber Jacking and Oil Processing. Allows the creation of "Sap Harvesters" (for lack of a better name) it is the size of a burner drill and works similarly; it is placed on a group of trees and "drills" for sap which is outputted as a liquid via pipes. This sap is pumped into a chemical plant where it is mixed with sulfuric acid to create solid rubber. It requires 20 iron, 5 pipes, and 5 electronic circuits to make. It requires 50 red and 50 green science packs to research.

Tires and Treads: Requires Rubber processing. Allows the creation of tires and treads. Tires require 20 iron and 10 rubber to make one tire, and treads require 10 steel and 30 rubber to make one tread. requires 30 red and 30 green science packs to research

Harvester: Requires Automobilisim. Allows the creation of the harvester vehicle. When driven into trees it will mine them and store them in an internal compartment, it will also produce saplings that can be planted in order to create rubber farms. it requires 6 tires, 4 treads, 5 motors, and 20 steel to make. It is a slow vehicle that travels almost slower than the player walks and is fairly weak to attacks, but it has a wide front used to dismantle many trees at a time. it requires 100 of both red and green science packs to make

Just thought this would be an interesting addition to the game, tell me what you guys think :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tree use research line

Post by bobingabout »

I didn't read the whole thing, just the "wood is useless" part.

And you're kind of right, You use it in the early game to make chests and power poles, and maybe as a fuel, but those chests are crap when you can make iron or steel chests, the power poles are also crap when you can make the medium and large poles, and it makes a poor fuel too.

But then there's mods, I if you use my mods, you'd be saying the oposite, you've run out of wood.

I think the main reason why they don't use wood in a lot of things right now is because it is limited, and depending on the spawn location, every little bit helps. There's also no way to gain more wood currently, nor automate it's production.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Tree use research line

Post by berni1212 »

I use Bob's mod + Dytech + Treemod thingy ( forgot name )

And u Realy need a TON Of wood its crazy but Fun because you need to have like 6 Woodfarms to Run the Factory good :mrgreen:
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”