Allow equipment use in Sandbox (god controller) just as the /editor controller does

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Allow equipment use in Sandbox (god controller) just as the /editor controller does

Post by IronCartographer »

TL;DR
The /editor controller could replace godmode with minimal change and significant benefit to doing so.

What ?
Use the editor controller view for the Sandbox/Godmode scenario so that players in that mode can use equipment like weapons and armor, especially for the personal roboport and otherwise undeployable things like rockets. If the top-left box (which annoyingly gets in the way of modded UIs, currently preventing /editor from being a clean replacement for Godmode) were hidden there would be virtually no difference.

Combat robots would be a gray area, as zoomed-out motion of the controller would make them move with incredible speed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Allow equipment use in Sandbox (god controller) just as the /editor controller does

Post by Rseding91 »

If anything, I would just delete the "god" controller. The editor is better in every way. Also, you can just move the editor GUI.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”