Add option to make bots unclickable

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Firedodger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add option to make bots unclickable

Post by Firedodger »

TL;DR
I would love for an option/button to make construction/logistic bots to become unclickable by the player.
What ?
Adding either a setting in the menu, or a button in the quickbar like the exo and personal roboport, to render all flying bots to become unclickable.
Why ?
It is starting to become annoying late game to try and shift click things on the ground to copy/paste rules from/to assemblers and chests etc or just pressing Q to copy what you have built when you have hundreds of robots flying over constantly. I oftnely when pressing Q find myself to hold a copy of a bot or when shift rightclicking to copy a rule from anything it fails to copy entirely without noticing (since it can't copy a bots rules). Or I end up with goods they were transporting from A to B including a stack worth of accidentally retrieved bots from the sky.

Not sure if anyone already suggested this somewhere (sorry if I missed it while searching) or has a different view/tip to resolve this? I couldn't find a mod for this either.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add option to make bots unclickable

Post by eradicator »

I made a small mod that does what you want.
(Feel free to post a standard "but i don't want mods because achievements!!11" complaint.)

(Licence: CC0 - Public Domain)
unclickable-bots_1.0.0.zip
(881 Bytes) Downloaded 83 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Firedodger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Firedodger »

You sir made my day! Thanks! :D I don't care about achievements much since I got most I wanted anyway. I just want qol things in my life right now. :P

Just feel this should be in vanilla as it is annoying and maybe a button to change it or perhaps make it restricted to non personal construction bots or logistics only, since picking up your own bots can be useful sometimes when running low on battery. I'll give it a go when I get home :D

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

After wrangling with the engine for an hour or two i came up with an ugly hack to keep the cargo/alt-icon for unclickable bots as you requested. (All the potentially non-ugly hacks didn't work :/).

(Licence: CC0 - Public Domain)
unclickable-bots_1.0.2.zip
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Firedodger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Firedodger »

Well, some things ugly can still be good! ;) Thanks for the time invested bud, i'll give it a go! :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”